Let’s Hike The Channel Islands National Park & Surf on Ventura Beach Aug. 17th & 18th !
The Channel Islands National Park, referred to as “The American Galapagos,” encompasses five remarkable and remote islands right off the Ventura coast: Anacapa, Santa Cruz, Santa Rosa, San Miguel and Santa Barbara. The Channel Islands and encircling waters are home to over 2,000 plants and animals, of which 145 are found nowhere else in the world including the Island Fox. Established as a National Park in 1980, each of the islands is a fascinating world unto itself.
Our surf instructor Mary Osborne is a Champion longboarder and professional surfer. She is “an undeniable force of nature who has inspired hundreds of thousands of people around the world with her Nereid spirit whilst motivating females of all ages to be their very best…”* But she’s also much more than a renowned surfer: women-in-sports advocate, environmentalist , writer, model, TV personality, and business woman are just a few of the hats she wears, often simultaneously. She has been ambassador to the United Nations Environmental Safe Campaign, the 5 Gyres Institute, Project Save Our Surf, a Patagonia ambassador, and in 2015 was guest of honor at the Women’s Sports Foundation annual event.
Situated along California’s scenic central coast, the City of Ventura was once referred to as the “land of endless summers” and even the “city of good fortune”. This picturesque community offers plenty for visitors to do, including a stop along the pier at San Buenaventura State Beach and a stroll down the historic Ventura Pier. For those visitors more into surfing than swimming, make a stop at the rocky, narrow beach of Surfer’s Point. When it is time to take a break from the surf and sand, head to the vibrant restaurants, galleries and more of Ventura Harbor.here to edit.
The Itinerary for our Women’s Hiking & Surfing Weekend
Price: $295 per person double occupancy
- Arrive Saturday 8/17 mid morning (time to be determined) to meet our group of 10 women.
- Accommodations: Clock Tower Inn. Double occupancy in a room with 2 double beds
- 2 hour surfing lesson with Mary Osborne on Ventura Beach. Board and wet suit included.
- Relaxing late afternoon on the beach
- Back to hotel
- Evening exploring Ventura, CA for dinner (not included) and nightlife
- Arrive Ferry at 8 a.m. Sunday morning 8/18 & depart for Channel Islands National Park
- Hike in The Channel Islands – guided by Judy NOLS certified WFA Hike Leader
- Bring your own picnic to enjoy 1/2 way through our hike
- Explore the island
- Ferry ride back to Ventura
- Depart arrive approximately 5:45 p.m. back in Ventura